I trained as a birth doula through DONA International at the Simkin Center for Allied Birth Vocations at Bastyr University. I am certified as a doula by PALS (Pacific Association of Labor Support), and abide by their code of ethics.
My role as a doula is to support and guide you through the process of pregnancy and birth, to make sure that your birth experience has all the pieces in place to be all that you desire — and that you’re prepared and content with your plan b… c, and d… if it doesn’t. I’m an information-loaded cheerleader, a master facilitator of the making of pros and cons lists, and a birth-and-baby-sherpa, all wrapped in one!
A birth doula is a support person as soon as you want him or her to be, from the moment of conception, until the months following the baby’s birth.
Want to chat further? Request an interview!
- Before Birth
– Two prenatal visits to discuss your wishes, worries, thoughts, and feeling about your pregnancy and birth
– Ongoing phone, text, and/or email support
- During Birth
– I am on-call for your birth from weeks 38-42 (two weeks before and after your due date), with ongoing ability to get to you within 1-2hrs after you contact me
– A backup doula is covered under the same pricing structure, in case of emergency on my end
- After Birth
– Two postpartum follow up visits to make sure your new family’s needs are met, and to debrief and discuss your experience of the birth
Add-Ons & Extras
|Harnessing my experience as a mindfulness educator, I offer a 1-hr private class aimed at teaching mindfulness techniques as a coping mechanism, and catered to your goals.
This class is most helpful at least a month prior to your due date, so you have time to practice the concepts.
|Photographing your family with your new addition is a lovely way to wrap up our time working together to support your pregnancy and birth experience.
It is a pleasure to offer all doula clients a 50% discount on a family photoshoot (regular price $400) once baby is home.